Blog Header

Blog Header
Now Servicing: Mesa, Gilbert, Apache Junction, Gold Canyon and San Tan Valley

How Do I Get THAT Job? Pet Sitting & Dog Walking


Playing with pets all day?  Really?  How do I get THAT job?

It takes more than a willingness to hang out with pets to be a great pet sitter.  That is why Play Time Pet Care has a rigorous hiring process.  Not only is it our business to make sure your pets are well taken care of, but it's our brand, our reputation, our name that is on the line.  That is why we take hiring new pet sitters very serious. There is certainly a time for play and a time to take life a bit more seriously.

Here are the steps to becoming a Play Time Pet Care pet sitter / dog walker:
  1. Apply - There are specific steps that have to be followed in order to apply for the job.  If those steps aren't followed...no chance at an interview.
  2. First Interview - If you are invited to the first interview, bring your best game. Be on time, show me you know how to have some fun and tell me everything you think I'll need to know about you and your experience with pets to make me want to call you back.
  3. Second Interview - This interview is conducted in my home, around three dogs who don't all allow everyone to love them, they are a tough crowd.  The applicant is asked more situational questions to see how they would respond or react to specific scenarios.  Not only am I interviewing the prospect, but my dogs are too.  The applicant is given some homework and, if completed, may be considered for the job.
My interview process is quite lengthy.  A good interview will last for at least an hour, on both the first and second.  I take my time hiring...I would rather turn down business than hire the wrong person.  My philosophy is to hire slowly and fire quickly.  My interview process is long on purpose...I want to find the right person, that will go above and beyond for my clients and offer the same, if not better, service than I provide.

Once I find the right person, they are background checked and added to my insurance.  Then...the training begins!


Looking for a pet sitter that goes above and beyond?  Need a company that can take care of your needs at the drop of a dime?  Play Time Pet Care is your answer!  Give us a call today for your no obligation consultation.  480-292-9735 www.PlayTimePetCareAz.com